Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Bleaching agent made my silver coin all black!!!  (Read 10275 times)

Offline Arya Aravand

• Consul
Re: Bleaching agent made my silver coin all black!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2007, 03:39:09 am »
Hi Howard,

The coin you gave its picture is not the type 48.9 in Sellwood (of course with reference to Parthia.com, please recheck the website). It is 48.8!  The one that is indicated to be the type 48.9 in Sellwood best matches mine. Here is the picture. As you can see, it also does not have any other symbol above the anchor.

Offline Howard Cole

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Elymais forever!
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2007, 04:44:43 am »
The listing for this coin on Parthia.com must be a mistake.  If you look at the coin above, it is listed as 48.9 and has the correct symbol above the anchor.  I have the reference book open right now in front of me and your coin is 48.6, without any symbol above the anchor

Here is the page from Sellwood.  Decide for yourself which number it is.

Offline Arya Aravand

• Consul
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 07:56:21 am »
So, based on the true reference which you kindly posted its picture, the true type for my coin is 48.6 not 48.9. I didn't think that there are mistakes in that website. I wish I had the book at hand. :(
Thank you so much Howard. You have always been of great help.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity