Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Comparing Gringott's Cleaners  (Read 1262 times)

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Comparing Gringott's Cleaners
« on: June 22, 2007, 09:16:14 am »
I have just received a bag of the Gringott's Conservator's Mix and I still have 3/4 of a bag of Gringott's #1 left.  Any recommendations from those who have used both?

The four main uses I have in mind are:

1) Initial dirt-blasting soak.
2) Stubborn dirt.
3) Quasi-crusties.
4) Treating BD.

Shawn

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline bruce61813

• Conservator
  • Consul
Re: Comparing Gringott's Cleaners
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 10:39:22 am »
There is the www.gringgottscoins.com web site. there is no selling from there, but there is full information about the Gringgotts products, and recommended uses, and a link to Kevins site.

Bruce
too many coins - too little time!!

Offline Mayadigger

• Caesar
  • Romans, lock your wives way!
    • Noble Roman Coins
Re: Comparing Gringott's Cleaners
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 04:14:04 am »
Ave!

Ok, ok....!

I have just received a bag of the Gringott's Conservator's Mix and I still have 3/4 of a bag of Gringott's #1 left. Any recommendations from those who have used both?

The four main uses I have in mind are:

1) Initial dirt-blasting soak.
2) Stubborn dirt.
3) Quasi-crusties.
4) Treating BD.

Shawn

1) Initial dirt-blasting soak. For coins like those seen below, GG's #2 works best. Bruce suggest's a two-three minute boil, but upon the condition of the coins recieved, you may just want to soak them for a day or two in the solution, foregoing the boil.

2/3) Stubborn dirt/Crusrties

Gringgott's #1 for fast results...and GG's Conservator Mix for longer, but better results.

#4) As for curing BD...? GG's #1 is best.

Kevin
"Goodbye, Livia: never forget our marriage!"

All coins are guaranteed for eternity