Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Where can I get THIS brass brush?  (Read 4926 times)

Offline Johnny

• Conservator Princeps, Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Where can I get THIS brass brush?
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 04:59:20 pm »
I think I may have a solution to your brass brush problems....I use this brush, it's made for cleaning weapons.  VERY very stiff bristles, all plastic and has 2 size heads on it . the smaller part of the brush is 3mm wide 15 mm long  and the thicker part of the brush is aprox 18 mm wide and 32 mm long .. I think it works great and you could find one in any army surplus store ...not sure about european , but definately US and Canada  ( comes out of an weapons cleaning kit)  so you get a hard bristle brush without the brass dangers

Offline Johnny

• Conservator Princeps, Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 05:00:22 pm »
the cleaning kit should be military,   not sure about civilian kits...

Offline Scotvs Capitis

• Conservator Princeps
  • Caesar
  • This space intentionally left blank
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 05:04:50 pm »
As a gunsmith and Kalashnikov collector and builder, I've used all sorts of brass gun cleaning brushes  :). I'm looking for extremely fine, not necessarily stiff, but just extreme fine bristles. If my larhe wooden brush was tiny, like mabe three clumps of the brass bristles in a pen, that would be perfect.
SCOTVS CAPITIS - Hovstonoplis Tex
(Scott Head, TX)
My Gallery

All coins are guaranteed for eternity