Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Volunteers needed for DVD video  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Mayadigger

• Caesar
  • Romans, lock your wives way!
    • Noble Roman Coins
Volunteers needed for DVD video
« on: December 04, 2006, 04:50:46 pm »
Ave!

My basic thought here is to put together as professional appearing and comprehensive cleaning DVD as possible...despite the fact that I know zilch when it comes to video. Scary, aint it? ;-) Heck, I thought I was clever just putting together the PP CD's.

I'm already shopping about for the lowest priced video cam that will suit our needs. It must have sound, of course, and sharp macro-focus for the close shots. If you have any suggestions as to the cam, let me know.

Next, I plan on following the lessons in the Art of Cleaning CD, but we'll have lot's more, such as cleaning worn large coins, baking coins, and anything else you can think of. Please advise...

I'll also need an over-view of Roman history: ancient maps, emperor pix, etc. Think about this.

To get this done, I'm going to need a lot of volunteer help. I expect this project to take at least half a year...or longer.

So, if you have the time and expertise, please apply via PM.

Any other thoughts and help are very welcome.

Best,

Kevin
"Goodbye, Livia: never forget our marriage!"

Offline Scotvs Capitis

• Conservator Princeps
  • Caesar
  • This space intentionally left blank
Re: Volunteers needed for DVD video
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 04:03:00 am »
Per our conversation, I'm in. This might just work out well. :)
SCOTVS CAPITIS - Hovstonoplis Tex
(Scott Head, TX)
My Gallery

Ghengis_Jon

Re: Volunteers needed for DVD video
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 08:55:10 am »
Will the participating ladies on the DVD be dressed in period costumes?  May I suggest ancient Crete or something "in the Doric fashion"?   :o

All coins are guaranteed for eternity