Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Phosphor bronze brush  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Barabus

• Consul
Phosphor bronze brush
« on: October 11, 2006, 09:20:26 pm »
 Anyone ever used a phosphor bronze brush for cleaning coins.I purchased one today.They are used for cleaning blued items for guns.I would take the description as gentle.
Organized religion is the second oldest profession, and nowhere near as honest as the first.

Scipio Helveticus

Re: Phosphor bronze brush
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 08:53:44 am »
All I know about this alloy is its durabillty and resistance to corrosion. It might be a little harsh for cleaning coins? But I assume that it would be fine for removing layers of tough clay or on crusties.

Offline Barabus

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 11:06:27 am »
 Thanks for the comment. I have tried it on a coin and it doesn't seems to harm the coin,of course I'm only using it on crusty ones.
Organized religion is the second oldest profession, and nowhere near as honest as the first.

peterpil19

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 02:07:42 am »
Best to test it on some slugs to see if it damages the patina.

Peter

All coins are guaranteed for eternity