Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Stand back folks, I'm in the never ending contest again!  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Scotvs Capitis

• Conservator Princeps
  • Caesar
  • This space intentionally left blank
Stand back folks, I'm in the never ending contest again!
« on: September 01, 2006, 09:38:55 pm »
Just ordered a group of five for the never ending uncleaned coins contest. It will be my second entry, my first was tragicallu destroyed by fire (don't ask, painful subject, heh).

So, who's up to a challenge? Who will join the current round who hasn't done so yet? ;D

SCOTVS CAPITIS - Hovstonoplis Tex
(Scott Head, TX)
My Gallery

Bill Perry

Re: Stand back folks, I'm in the never ending contest again!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 11:35:56 pm »
I've had my coins sitting here for the last month or two but my camera is in the shop and has not come back yet (just stopped working). So until I can photo them - my 5 will just have to pine away in the drawer until I can photo them. Then I'll have to clean them. So I may miss this round.

Offline Diederik

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • carpe diem, vita brevis est!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 03:13:17 pm »
I have a bucketfull of slugs and uncleans which I will try. If the rules are simple, even I can take part...!

Frans

Bill Perry

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 03:46:53 pm »
This probably needs to be moved to the Never ending cleaning competition pages - but as for the rules - you must read the following as you can not "enter" your own coins:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=1977.0

Offline DruMAX

• Caesar
  • Pecunia non olet
    • Cache Coins
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 04:01:18 pm »
My coins have been soaking for several months now...I have a feeling most are slugs...but I am holding out hope that some are just heavily encrusted with real hard dirt and might product detail, still cant tell quite yet.

Offline Mayadigger

• Caesar
  • Romans, lock your wives way!
    • Noble Roman Coins
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 09:59:04 pm »
Ave!

I bought a lot of uncleaned coins for the contest from Joe last year and they were excellent. But I never presented them for show. Humble me, I thought I had an unfair advantage.  ::)

LOLOLOLOLOL!  ;)

Kevin
"Goodbye, Livia: never forget our marriage!"

Offline DruMAX

• Caesar
  • Pecunia non olet
    • Cache Coins
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 12:10:16 am »
I am new to buying them here, I have a few nice coins from uncleaned lots. Its hit and miss on the whole.

this is a more recent one I got from a lot, came out rather nice.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity