Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help with this GIII  (Read 854 times)

Offline renegade3220

• Caesar
Help with this GIII
« on: July 02, 2010, 10:44:22 pm »
I guess I really don't need an ID.  I have the RIC for it.  But I still need help with this coin.  It is not in hand but I asked a question about it. 

Does anyone seen the brassy looking areas on this coin like me?  Is this a trick of the lighting or what?

Also, it looks dirty to me.  The person told me it is not dirty, tarnished, scaly a bit.

Could this be a good fouree?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Maybe it is a trick of the light and just tarnish... or could it be something else?

Offline casata137ec

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Trying not to screw up...one coin at a time...
Re: Help with this GIII
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 10:56:09 pm »
This was more suited for this board I think! anyway...I personally think it is a trick of lighting for the brassy parts. As for the "cleanliness", it looks like it needs some more cleaning, but once you get the coin in hand and can take better pics we could say better.

Chris

PS - do you have a weight yet?
C.
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto - Missouri 1822

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=19691

Offline renegade3220

• Caesar
Re: Help with this GIII
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 10:57:22 pm »
Thanks casta. So you think it is just dirty too?

No weight yet.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity