Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Constantine Paci Perpet  (Read 1218 times)

vic9128

Constantine Paci Perpet
« on: April 24, 2008, 04:40:22 pm »
Constantine the Great
18mm  2.3gm
AD 312-13
FL VAL CONSTANTINVS AVG  laureate and draped bust, seen from rear.
PACI PERPET  Pax stg. facing, head l., r. holding branch, l. standard
in left field- XII   
in exergue- RT   unlisted officina
RIC VI Rome 355

This fractional coin was issued after Constantine defeated Maxentius. It has a value mark of 12 on the reverse, and was worth half a follis. It was issued along with VIRT EXERCIT GALL, which has a value mark of 16, or two-thirds of a follis.

http://www.constantinethegreatcoins.com/fractions/

Offline snorkelpaleis

• Caesar
Re: Constantine Paci Perpet
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 04:51:05 pm »
Stunning coin! Nice toning and patina on that coin!
Carpe narem

Offline mwilson603

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 05:04:26 pm »
Hi Victor,

After you helped get me into this Emperor, I spent a long time looking for one of these types.  I finally found one a while back, and I think mine is RIC VII 356, but yours is much clearer in the legends.

Nice coin, and I have to say I am always jealous of your collection!!! (In a nice envious style way  :) )  If you ever decide to change focus give me a shout  ;D

regards

Mark

vic9128

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 06:51:45 pm »
 If you ever decide to change focus give me a shout  ;D

I don't think I will be changing my focus any time soon!  :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity