Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: A Macrinus-Agrippa obverse-die-slip from Nikopolis  (Read 945 times)

Offline Arminius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • carpe diem
    • Arminius-Numismatics
A Macrinus-Agrippa obverse-die-slip from Nikopolis
« on: February 24, 2008, 06:34:36 pm »
I posted this already in a different thread.
But i think it´s better in "Roman Provincial Coins" for those interested in Macrinus dies from "the city of Victory".

Nikopolis ad Istrum in Moesia Inferior, Macrinus, issued by Legate Marcus Claudius Agrippa, 217-218 AD.,
Æ 27 / 4 assaria (25-26 mm / 9,74 g),
Obv.: [AYT K OΠΠEΛ CE] - VH MAKPIONOC , laureate head of Macrinus right (the first O in Macrionoc is very weak - a corrected slip of the die cutter).
Rev.: YΠ AΓPIΠΠA - NIKOΠOΛITΩN / ΠPOC I  (in ex.) , serpent climbing up tripod.
Pick (AMNG) 441, 1718 ; https://www.forumancientcoins.com/ayiyoryitika/PontianusAgrippaDies.html ....obv. M .

regards

Offline slokind

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Art is an experimental science
    • An Art Historian's Numismatics Studies
Re: A Macrinus-Agrippa obverse-die-slip from Nikopolis
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 07:43:33 pm »
Thank you!  One more with the scrawny head and the bearded head paired with the same reversePat L

All coins are guaranteed for eternity