Antiquities Discussion Forums > Ancient and Medieval Finger Rings

Is This Roman Ring Real?

(1/3) > >>

Tash D:
I've just started expanding my antiques collection to include ancient artefacts. This is my first ring that I've bought, I got it from eBay. I don't have much knowledge on the topic yet, so could someone please tell me if they think this ring is authentic? It was listed as an Ancient Roman Ring 200-400AD

nikopolis1:
Ring looks authentic .But for date I am not sure .Looks more like medieval to me .

Tash D:

--- Quote from: nikopolis1 on February 28, 2021, 12:20:33 pm ---Ring looks authentic .But for date I am not sure .Looks more like medieval to me .

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I'll have to look into Medieval rings and see what comes up. From my research on the design it comes up as being a 'Roman Soildier's Sun God Sol Invocto' ring I think

Akropolis:
The ring appears to have “bronze disease.” If so, and the seller didn’t tell you about it, I suggest you return it.
Take a wooden toothpick and poke a bright green spot. If light green powder comes off, it is bronze disease.
PeteB

SC:

--- Quote from: Tash D on February 28, 2021, 12:45:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: nikopolis1 on February 28, 2021, 12:20:33 pm ---Ring looks authentic .But for date I am not sure .Looks more like medieval to me .

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I'll have to look into Medieval rings and see what comes up. From my research on the design it comes up as being a 'Roman Soildier's Sun God Sol Invocto' ring I think

--- End quote ---

I am afraid that that description is a pure fantasy.

SC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version