Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: The Panegyric Latini - 65% off  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
The Panegyric Latini - 65% off
« on: November 29, 2004, 02:56:24 pm »
I just came across this awesome sale price on "In Praise of Later Roman Emperors: The Panegyric Latini", and thought others might be interested. This is an english translation of 11 of the 12 "XII Panegyric Latini" - speeches made contempary to and about some of the later roman emperors around Constantine's time.

There's a review of the book here:

http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/bmcr/1999/1999-10-13.html

The book lists for $85 at Amazon, but I found this sale at the University of California press, where you can buy it for $29.95 - 65% off! (Cheapest new price at abebooks.com was $69.95)

http://www.ucpress.edu/books/sale/pages/6251.html

In order to receive the discount code you have to register for their free e-mail newsletter - but you can always unsubscribe later. You get the code instantly and then enter it on the checkout page.

I can't comment on the book myself as I only just ordered it, but thought others might be interested in getting in on the sale!

Ben

Offline curtislclay

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re:The Panegyric Latini - 65% off
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 03:39:16 pm »
    The book contains copious historical notes according to the review, so I decided to order a copy for my library.  Thanks for the tip!
     I added a copy of Frank Holt's book on the Elephant medallion of Alexander the Great, which also happens to be on sale!
Curtis Clay

All coins are guaranteed for eternity