Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 32092 times)

Offline Perikles

• Consul
Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2016, 03:56:30 pm »
Ἐξ ἀνάγκης ἡ τοῦ νομίσματος ἐπορίσθη χρῆσις...,ὃ τῶν χρησίμων αὐτὸ ὂν εἶχε τὴν χρείαν εὐμεταχείριστον πρὸς τὸ ζῆν.
Ἀριστοτέλης, Πολιτικά

Offline TenthGen

• Consul
  • Ferrata Fidelis Constans
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2016, 04:20:52 pm »
Houston

Offline mdelvalle

• Caesar
  • Mi nombre es Mario
    • My collection on the web
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2016, 09:20:35 pm »
Hi
I'm from Argentina, I live in the Province of Rio Negro, in Patagonia. I am born in the North Central of my country, in the province of Santa Fe.
As you can imagine it is very difficult to collect Roman coins, but this is no longer a hobby, it's an addiction.
Regards
Mario

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2016, 11:05:48 am »
Hi Mario.

Nice website, nice photos and nice coins.  i especially like you hand written tags.

Shawn
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline mdelvalle

• Caesar
  • Mi nombre es Mario
    • My collection on the web
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2016, 04:21:30 pm »
Thank you very much Shawn, I'm glad you like my website.
Regards

Mario

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2021, 09:58:55 am »
Another topic I never noticed before.

I was born and live in Scotland. I have only travelled abroad for leisure, I have never lived or worked for any length of time anywhere else. Why would I?  ;D

*Alex

The horse head sculptures at Falkirk, where I was born, are the largest equine sculptures in the world.

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2021, 12:28:50 pm »
Where in Scotland, if that isn't giving too much away?

I have only visited and only parts but love the place.  Scotch, scones, beer, fish, haggis crisps, mist and bracing wind.  I understand why you don't need to leave.

Though a non-embarrassing show in the Euro Cup would be nice.....

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2021, 03:46:20 pm »
I stay in a small village in the central belt, it only has two shops, neither of which sell coins. It's other main amenity is a road which provides the residents with access to the outside world. ;D

This vast metropolis where I now live is pictured below. ;D  It is somewhat nearer to Glasgow than Edinburgh, but I know of more coin shops in Edinburgh. I rarely visit either city though. I lived near Stirling for the first 40 years of my existence and I still prefer there to anywhere else.

*Alex

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2021, 01:13:35 pm »
Born in Blackpool Victoria Hospital, lived in Bispham (Will Hooten might know it, my great aunt Beatty lived in Fleetwood), moved to Osterley to study, moved to Switzerland, Canton Bern and have lived here just outside a small village 7 km from Biel-Bienne since then.

Offline mauseus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......
    • Later Roman Coinage
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2021, 01:24:21 pm »
I've been on a tram to Bispham.

Regards,

Mauseus

Offline Will A. Hooton

• Praetorian
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2021, 08:44:57 am »
Born in Blackpool Victoria Hospital, lived in Bispham (Will Hooten might know it, my great aunt Beatty lived in Fleetwood), moved to Osterley to study, moved to Switzerland, Canton Bern and have lived here just outside a small village 7 km from Biel-Bienne since then.

I was also born in Victoria Hospital! 😂 I was raised in Fleetwood until the age of around 7, being half Maltese, we moved to Malta where I grew up.

I have lived and worked in several countries ( Netherlands, Norway)… but I now call Russia home. I live in Yekaterinburg, within sight of the Urals. I don't expect to end up anywhere else now.
Collecting Roman Imperial, Provincial and Russian Medieval and Imperial coinage.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity