Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unknown Lead Tessera or Weight  (Read 961 times)

Offline Mark Fox

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Unknown Lead Tessera or Weight
« on: December 31, 2011, 08:10:29 pm »
Dear Board,

A friend recently sent me photos of the following item in the hopes of an identification.  It appears to be made of lead and measures 11 by 10mm and weighs 2.09g.  At first I assumed it was some sort of tessera, but the square shape could suggest a weight

So far, none of my searches have turned up anything quite like the item in question.  Any leads would be highly appreciated!  The designs could be deceptive, so I will keep my interpretation to myself for the time being.     

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Mark Fox
Michigan     

All coins are guaranteed for eternity