Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: hadrian coin reverse wrong way  (Read 527 times)

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
hadrian coin reverse wrong way
« on: July 22, 2012, 01:42:47 pm »
   putting up a coin that seems to have GERMANIA facing the wrong way and each coin for sale four in total have odd legends thankyou for looking
 either the seller has four very rare coins or they are not authentic

Offline SRukke

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Go ahead, make my day.
    • My gallery. Started January 2009
Re: hadrian coin reverse wrong way
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 03:05:49 pm »
  putting up a coin that seems to have GERMANIA facing the wrong way and each coin for sale four in total have odd legends thankyou for looking
 either the seller has four very rare coins or they are not authentic

Hadrian AR Denarius, RIC 302, RSC 805, BMC 837

Hadrian Denarius. HADRIANVS AVG COS III P P, bare head right / GERMANIA, Germania standing front, head turned right, holding spear & balancing a shield with left hand.

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 03:14:06 pm »

COR that is amazing where did you find that one i have looked all over WELL DONE how did you research it please was it on wildwinds?????????  hmmmmmm back to the drawing board thankyou for your time much appreciated

Offline SRukke

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Go ahead, make my day.
    • My gallery. Started January 2009
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 03:46:22 pm »

COR that is amazing where did you find that one i have looked all over WELL DONE how did you research it please was it on wildwinds?????????  hmmmmmm back to the drawing board thankyou for your time much appreciated

I have RIC and yes it's also on WW. Under Hadrian do a word search using Germania.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 05:24:02 pm »
Only a fraction of the thousands of variations of Roman coins are on Wildwinds.  Finding a coin that is not on Wildwinds does not mean it is fake.  It doesn't even mean it is rare.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity