Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 23 mm slightly used unknown coin  (Read 968 times)

Offline vacationchick

• Consul
  • I love this forum!
23 mm slightly used unknown coin
« on: January 19, 2007, 11:35:23 pm »
Hello,  after getting busy with life, left coins soaking for a year.  Now trying to id a few...getting better at it (very slightly), but totally stumped with this one.

I think it starts with a p and ends with an s, but after staring at it for a long time, I am not sure anymore.  The reverse looks like a ?cos.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
vc

Offline Schwami

• Praetorian
Re: 23 mm slightly used unknown coin
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 11:42:06 pm »
Looks like a middle bronze of Hadrian?
Lyndall J. Huggler

Offline Arminius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • carpe diem
    • Arminius-Numismatics
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 04:32:54 am »
Yes,
i suppose the reverse of this copper As shows Salus, feeding a serpent with a patera in her arms.
The inscription looks like COS III / S - C
125-128 AD., maybe RIC 669c ; Cohen 369

regards

Offline vacationchick

• Consul
  • I love this forum!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 12:37:05 pm »
That is it!!!   ;D
I am missing the HA, turn what I thought was a p into a d (very easy for me) and the rest totally fits!  I don't know how you do it, but I sure appreciate it!

Thanks!
VC

All coins are guaranteed for eternity