Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unknown AE10  (Read 1738 times)

a

Unknown AE10
« on: January 17, 2006, 12:52:00 pm »
Dear forum members,

Please help me with identification of this coin. I cannot recognize nothink, although all details are very clear. I havn't even a direction: Greek? Roman? Another?
The coin origin is from Meadle East.

Thank you,
Explorer

Offline tacrolimus

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Why, oh why didn't I take the blue pill?
Re: Unknown AE10
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 06:11:31 pm »
I think it's Berytus (Phoenicia).
obv: Nike advancing left holding wreath and palm
rev: C B (?), Lituus, hook left.

Luigi
I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member (Woody Allen paraphrasing Groucho Marx)

Offline Salem Alshdaifat

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • I am coincoholic ,I need help plzzzzz.
    • http://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/athena_numismatics
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 01:14:40 am »
I say it might be Pontius Pilatus rare vareity with Lituus to left, the other side seems to be very crouded, but I cant make any thing from it.
Salem

Offline tacrolimus

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 09:36:34 am »
Maybe the attached picture is of little or no help, but this is an illustration of the coin i suggested above.

Luigi
I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member (Woody Allen paraphrasing Groucho Marx)

a

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 01:40:26 pm »
Thank you Luigi and Salem!

I think Luigi is right. My coin is of the similar type. When this coin was minted? I supposed that it is somewhere in I century AD. I'm right.

Regards,
Explorer

Offline tacrolimus

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 01:58:43 pm »
When this coin was minted? I supposed that it is somewhere in I century AD. I'm right.

So dated in Lindgren.

Luigi

All coins are guaranteed for eternity