Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Buy The Book Before The Coin? Definitely Right Now! Clearance Sale!  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
FORVM used to sell a lot of books, but in the last few years, it seems most collectors have decided there is enough information on the web and they don't need books. Book sales have fallen to almost nothing. But I still have a lot of books in inventory and even lease a storage facility to keep them. I am losing money every month on books. So, I have marked down most of our books to cost or below, some far below. Many of these books should be considered must have references for serious collectors. I need to get out of the storage facility and save that money. Please take a look, order today, and save...

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?vpar=3223&pos=0#Clearence-Sale

SERIOUSLY LOOK, SOME ARE VERY CHEAP!!!
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Carausius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Forum Gallery:
Re: Buy The Book Before The Coin? Definitely Right Now! Clearance Sale!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 05:48:03 pm »
Joe:  FYI, on my phone  the link does not show anything for sale.

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 07:24:24 pm »
Works fine on my tablet. 

Anyone looking for Hendin's Guide to Biblical Coins, Joe is practically giving it away for free.  It's 95% the same as the new edition except for the reference numbers and some new listings.  The info is invaluable for anyone interested in the field.

Offline v-drome

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 07:48:24 pm »
Hi, Michael.  You need to set your view preferences to "list view" in the menu at the top of the page.  Then it should work.

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 08:56:10 pm »
Some great books here and I understand how tough it is to sell books these days.I cut my library in half when we downsized (most of my books are non-fiction). I looked most up on Ebay to see if I could sell them. Due to the fees from both Ebay and PayPal, and considerations of my time investment, I settled on a minimum of $5.00 plus shipping at my cost. Very few books made the cut because there apparently are zillions of copies out there for sale. Really sad. A few were in demand and made me money, most I was lucky to sell, the others are in donation boxes I need to take to the ASPCA Thrift Store. People sell mass market paperbacks for $0.01 cent and make their money on their shipping fee that nets them maybe $0.50 a book if they are lucky, but much higher end books go for almost nothing. I guess that works for volume sales. But, many major coin books are still expensive. Go figure. I may have to grab one or two in this sale because I love books and there are some good ones here in this sale.

Also, the links works fine for me on the laptop.

Virgil

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 10:56:01 am »
Some of the books I have listed are important and were previously priced MUCH higher.

Thrift stores do not want non-fiction used books other than coffee table books. Many lots that do not sell will go into the trash.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity