Resources > Ancient and Medieval Coin Identification Help

Request for help for indentification

<< < (2/2)

Altamura:
The reverse looks quite strange, is there any depiction at all? Perhaps it is some sort of modern souvenir?

Regards

Altamura

shanxi:
Looks like glue.

Who knows, maybe there are others for Zeus, Apollo, Aphrodite.... possibly glued on a cardboard  ("The big collection of greek gods" or something like that), or jewellery......

The name "Athena" on a coin is in any case very unusual, with only a few examples, e.g. from Cyzicus. (but that one is completely different)

Waldemar S:
Hello

Or maybe this is how you have to look at this reverse ? , I m not sure of the letters ?

Regards Waldemar

djmacdo:
I really do not see the traces you see--but of course I am looking at a flat photograph.  If you want to find out what is really on the reverse, I think you need to clean it.

Waldemar S:

--- Quote from: djmacdo on May 17, 2022, 04:05:40 pm ---I really do not see the traces you see--but of course I am looking at a flat photograph.  If you want to find out what is really on the reverse, I think you need to clean it.

--- End quote ---

This is not my coin, yes, Lubomir H Has to polish it , I only suggested whad might be on the reverse , because this is how I associate some details that I noticed , and they arrange the bust in such a rim .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version