Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Lacam need to buy  (Read 578 times)

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
Lacam need to buy
« on: July 17, 2021, 07:42:14 am »
Hello,

Is anyone have a link for buying ''Lacam, Guy. LA FIN DE L'EMPIRE ROMAIN ET LE MONNAYAGE OR EN ITALIE, 455-493. Luzern, 1983''. Or is someone sell it here? If possible in the best condition possible.

Offline esnible

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • gorgon coins
Re: Lacam need to buy
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 08:44:31 am »
I see copies online.  I have not purchased anything from this shop.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=30899154345

Online Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 09:40:36 am »
ABE books is now owned by Amazon.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 11:45:55 am »
ABE books is not a shop - but a vehicle for many small shops to list books - usually rarer or scarcer ones.

Not surprising that Amazon bought it as it is much like the way Amazon already handles sales of "used" books. 

I have used ABE several times, though not of course that Rome seller listed for the Lacam book.

SC

PS, Joe - if you find any Italian books on bronze coinage of the fourth or fifth centuries AD on your upcoming trip I hope you can find a way to import them so they would be available on your site.

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Kevin D

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 12:04:52 pm »
I see copies online.  I have not purchased anything from this shop.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=30899154345

This Lacam book is a two volume set. The Abe link above is for volume 1 only (which why it is so inexpensive).

Many offers here (copy and paste the entire URL into your browser):
https://www.bookfinder.com/search/?author=&title=LA+FIN+DE+L%27EMPIRE+ROMAIN+ET+LE+MONNAYAGE+OR+EN+ITALIE&lang=fr&isbn=&new_used=*&destination=us&currency=USD&mode=basic&st=sr&ac=qr

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 10:58:35 am »
Thanks for your relpies.

I found the two volumes in min state. Im very happy. I prepared myself PDF of the two volumes wich is more simple to read on computer than open it every time. Around 10 hours to do the photos of each page and then create the pdf.

I have the Vedrin hoard too.. Just need Cigoi to buy, Banduri and Ulrich Bansa too.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity