Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Greek and Roman Provincial Coins - Lydia (GRPC Lydia) by Dane Kurth  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Greek and Roman Provincial Coins - Lydia (GRPC Lydia) by Dane Kurth

Greek and Roman Provincial Coins - Lydia (GRPC Lydia) by Dane Kurth is a massive corpus of the coins of Lydia, with 1,157 pages in four volumes, describing 6383 Lydian coins with 6278 illustrated on 466 plates. Unlike BMC, SNG Copenhagen, SNG München, etc., this corpus is not limited to examples in specific collections. It includes ALL Lydian coins known to the author from public, national and private collections, as well as hundreds of new varieties documented from auction and sale listings up to Autumn 2019. With additional pages of indices, lists of types, monograms, references and sources, the new GRPC Lydia is an indispensable work for dealers and collectors who wish to describe their coins with precision. Four hardbound volumes with slip cover as follows:

Vol. I: The Early Electrum, Gold and Silver Coinage of Lydia, xix + 89 pages, 542 coins in 37 plates - Sample Page/Plate

Vol. II: The Bronze Coinage of Lydia, Acrasus - Klanudda, ix + 326 pages, 1703 coins in 131 plates - Sample Page/Plate

Vol. III: The Bronze Coinage of Lydia, Magnesia ad Sipylum - Sala, ix + 332 pages, 1931 coins in 141 plates - Sample Page/Plate

Vol. IV: The Bronze Coinage of Lydia, Sardes (Sardis) - Tripolis, ix + 364 pages, 2101 coins in 157 plates - Sample Page/Plate

$475 including shipping worldwide.

CALL 252-646-1958

OR

ORDER FROM THE FORUM SHOP
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Charles M

• Consul
I ordered my copy through FORVM yesterday.  It's pricey but really in line with most of the new  SNG volumes from Turkey.  Even though it is ordered through FORVM, it is shipped directly from the publisher.  Let's hope the publisher takes the care in packaging that Joe's crew does!

Can't wait to get it!!

Charles M.

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
I had no influence at all over the price. That was up to "Uncle John" who asked me to write the books and who has already republished numerous works such as SNG von Aulock and SNG Cop (all the reprints from "Sunrise Publications" on the inside page are those which John has had reprinted.)
Don't forget though that the price includes postage and even without the slipcase and packaging, the four volumes weigh 6 kg (5.944 kg = 13 lbs). Also, comparing the price vs number of coins listed with those of e.g. SNG Turkey 8 (which has 377 coins), it all becomes quite a bargain  :)
I received my set last week already, and did not want a slip case because of the way my books are sorted on my sagging shelves.

Offline GAT

• Praetorian
Helvetica,

Congratulations on a monumental achievement. I ordered my copy from Joe and look forward to receiving it.

GAT

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
By the way, right now this book is available ONLY from Forum
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...

Nice work Dane. 7.1 kg of information was delivered today.

Now I have another reason to stay home.

Pekka K

ps. thanks to Joe too, 50 % faster than was expected.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
I still don't have mine yet!!!!
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Charles M

• Consul
Yea!  Got my copy today  Very impressive--great work Dane.  Arrived safe and sound--very well packaged.  Plan on taking it on vacation next week (where I will be isolated indoors).  That will be my work-out for the week; lugging that massive tome around! :)

Charles M.

Offline helvetica

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Greek and Roman Provincial Coins - Lydia (GRPC Lydia) by Dane Kurth
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 12:41:07 pm »
If you have bought the books, don't forget that you can sign up to my mailing list for any future supplements.

I hope I have managed to sort out how to use the Mailman utility on my catbikes server so you can sign up here.
http://lists.catbikes.ch/mailman/listinfo/grpcsupplements.

You will be asked to confirm your sign-up.
IMPORTANT: please note that the email asking you to confirm will come from ..@catbikes.ch. This is my husband's website, which is hosting the mailing list and it is perfectly safe to click on the confirmation link in that email.

I am not familiar with Mailman, so I hope that I have the settings right, so that only I can post to the list (when the first supplement is done) and so that the subscribers are not bombarded with messages from other subscribers (I hate it when that happens).

Let me know by email if there is a problem or anything weird happens.

Offline Edessa

• Consul
  • I love this forum!
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2020, 12:10:14 pm »
Mine arrived also. Fantastic work, Dane!  I have signed up for the supplements.

Eugene
Eugene

Offline helvetica

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2020, 09:27:26 pm »
Mine arrived also. Fantastic work, Dane!  I have signed up for the supplements.

Eugene
Eugene - I cannot see you in the list. Did you click on the confirmation link in the email that the system sent to you ?
This sign-up confirmation is just to avoid someone signing you up for something you don't want.

Offline Charles M

• Consul
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 08:20:42 am »
The book is a joy to use.  Perfect size and very well organized.  My copy is already marked up with marginal notes, check marks, etc.

I too signed up for the supplement list and followed through with the e-mail confirmation.

Charles M.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity