Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: A Vespasian denarius of Ephesus  (Read 424 times)

Offline orfew

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Historical Ancient Roman Coins
A Vespasian denarius of Ephesus
« on: February 03, 2019, 02:34:46 pm »

I am waiting for more interesting Domitian coins to become available. In the meantime I picked up this little beauty.

On the reverse of this issue of Ephesus there is a star in the exergue. This is a group 8 denarius minted in 74 CE. These tend to be rare coins but this example is not extremely so. I really loved the portrait on this one and reverse is nice as well. However, the reason I wanted this was that little star on the reverse. I have wanted one of these since I first became aware of their existence.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-153064

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Akropolis Ancient Coins
Re: A Vespasian denarius of Ephesus
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 02:42:00 pm »
GREAT CATCH!
A work of real art...to me.
PeteB

Offline orfew

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Historical Ancient Roman Coins
Re: A Vespasian denarius of Ephesus
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 03:59:45 pm »
Thanks @PeteB

Unfortunately a match has been found for this coin on forgery network.

http://www.forgerynetwork.com/asset.aspx?mode=6Q/zOXMHeZ0=&id=ZLeVUxaNQD4=

Many thanks to a fellow board member for contacting me and letting me know.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity