Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Roman Coin Needing ID  (Read 614 times)

Offline VOTman

• Praetorian
Roman Coin Needing ID
« on: July 21, 2021, 07:48:00 pm »
No, it's not a 3-sided coin!  As I'm not sure which way on the reverse is upright I've included both orientations just for viewing convenience.

I've exhausted trying to ID this coin.  It's 26mm and 8.4g and appears Roman.  The deep obverse shadow is me trying to bring out detail with a low lighting angle.  The two objects on the reverse seem a little rigid for humans.  Might one or both objects be the cult goddess Artemis (if so I still couldn't ID this coin)?  Any ideas?

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Akropolis Ancient Coins
Re: Roman Coin Needing ID
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 10:08:38 pm »

Offline VOTman

• Praetorian
Re: Roman Coin Needing ID
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 09:17:26 am »
Hail Akropolis, you found it for me!  Thank so much.

I wasn't familiar with "trophies".  Your example was the Sestertius version, mine is the same but as an As.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity