Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: My tetradrachms  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Andrew B2

• Praetorian
My tetradrachms
« on: March 25, 2013, 05:11:08 am »
Hi everyone. I'm still very unsure how to utilise this site properly so forgive any newbie mistakes and i'll certainly learn more as I go along.

My grandfather bought these tetradrachm at various auctions in London during the 70's and 80's. he has given them to me to pass down into the future generations of the family as he knows I wont sell them! I have done a fair amount of research on these coins, I have recorded their weight, diameter and checked for any tell tale signs of a later manufactured coin such as pourosity, seams, incorrect orientation of obverse side etc.

I would like some of the good people of this forum to have a look over the collection and tell me if anything stands out as fake or raises an alarm bell. I am currently awaiting my application into the British Numismatic Society so I plan to ask a fellow to have a look over them too.

The good thing is being in posession of these coins has inspired me to grow the collection. I have already found a few other Tetradrachm I would love to own!

I'm not sure how to link my gallery so i'll try this link and see if it works...
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=25758

I really appreciate any time someone would wish to spend having a look over these.

Kindest Regards,

Andy

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
Re: My tetradrachms
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 05:18:15 am »
  i cant get the link to work  :o :o

Offline rover1.3

• Tribunus Plebis 2012 / Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 05:22:41 am »
Nothing can be said from these photos. Please take clear and large photos of both sides of each coin out of their flips, and create a new thread for each coin into the Identification Help board.
Please remember to post one coin per thread and provide the size and weight.

Offline Andrew B2

• Praetorian
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 05:27:20 am »
Ok thanks for the guidance. I will take clearer photos later today and use the same format as every else.

I appreciate the feedback

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 05:29:25 am »
 yes ditto you would do better to remove them from their pockets and fill the screen as much as you can
 the one i looked at does look very interesting
 when you have your photos introduce them onto the forum one at a time so people can comment
 look at other peoples galleries to get an idea of the way the coins need to be displayed
 welcome to the board it is very unusual for someone to have a gallery on their first post you have done well to sort it out
 i do hope you can get some better photos and post them up here by clicking "additional options" at the bottom left and await the comments

Offline Andrew B2

• Praetorian
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 06:01:43 am »
Hi Helen thanks for the comments.

I will indeed take some clear photos on some white card later. I havent yet taken them out of their wallets for fear of marking them! I will later though.

I will let you guys know when its uploaded to the correct area of the forum if you have interest.

I have many more coins I cant find the history of too so i'll do this for all of them at some point in the hope that someone can help identify some! :)

Offline Andrew B2

• Praetorian
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 05:32:47 am »
Hi all,

I have now uploaded better pictures and have placed them in the most relevant section (Id Help). Once I have a better understanding on exactly when these coins were made and any other references I will add them to my gallery and create a better Gallery post.

Thanks for guiding me on the best practices on this forum. I've enjoyed perusing the galeries you have in your signatures :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity