Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unknown coin with "NI-KA"  (Read 502 times)

Offline DagonX

• Praetorian
Unknown coin with "NI-KA"
« on: December 02, 2022, 04:10:27 pm »
Hi!

I recently bought this small trachy. At first I thought it might be some byzantine emission, because I believe I see bust of Christ on the obverse and "NI-KA" on the reverse. I've checked catalouges and... no match. Maybe it's from Bulgaria or somewhere else?

I appreciate any help.

26 mm, 3,23 g.

Offline Vladislav D

• Caesar
Re: Unknown coin with "NI-KA"
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 05:29:23 pm »
Michael IV  (1034-1041) AE Follis  SBCV 1825
Regards,
Vlad .

Offline DagonX

• Praetorian
Re: Unknown coin with "NI-KA"
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 06:05:24 pm »
Of course, I was so sure that it might be some kind of imitation or something that I missed the easiest answer ::) Thanks a lot!  :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity