Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Reverse and obverse position vs authenticity  (Read 403 times)

Offline Potrokles

• Praetorian
Reverse and obverse position vs authenticity
« on: December 15, 2022, 03:14:24 pm »
I have a question perhaps obvious to many, to others not necessarily. I recently read an article that mentioned that the reverse is opposite (on axis) to the obverse. In your opinion, is this any indication of the coins' authenticity? Maybe there were some deviations from the norm. An example of exactly what I mean is given below. (This also applies to later coins).

Thank you for your reply.

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Reverse and obverse position vs authenticity
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 03:34:22 pm »
Not always.  Depends which mint struck the coin.  There is a good numiswiki article if you click the blue link for axis.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity