Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 1 strange coin.  (Read 294 times)

Caius D

1 strange coin.
« on: November 30, 2013, 09:20:06 am »
Hello I need some help with this coin...

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
Re: 3 coins to identify...pls
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 09:27:20 am »
Hi Caius,

You are supposed to post one coin/photo per thread.

The reverse of the third coin looks like it may be a human riding on the back of an animal (a bird?).

Meepzorp

Caius D

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 09:34:21 am »
Sorry...I didn't know, this is my first time, but after this I will do 1 coin / photo / post...thx

Offline Mark Fox

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 10:21:49 am »
Dear Caius D and Board,

Your first coin (from the left) has a Vesta reverse.  A probable match, assuming your piece is a sestertius:   

http://www.acsearch.info/record.html?id=352579

Your second coin is a Roman provincial issue of Geta of Phrygian Hadrianopolis Sebaste.  Another example, with an obverse die match to your piece:

http://www.asiaminorcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=2156

I haven't properly investigated your third coin yet.  It would be good to post it separately as requested.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

Caius D

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 10:33:32 am »
Thank you . The first could be a sestertius ?, because has 25 mm in diam and 14.8 gr...For the third coin I will post again. Best regards, C.D.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity