Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Eckhel: Doctrina numorum veterum, Campania Section  (Read 683 times)

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Eckhel: Doctrina numorum veterum, Campania Section
« on: September 16, 2022, 07:20:05 am »
Does anyone know where in Eckhel's 8 volume work he deals with coinage from Campania during the Greek era?  Bonus points if you can send a link!

Offline Molinari

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Eckhel: Doctrina numorum veterum, Campania Section
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 07:21:13 am »
I see now they are all on Numiswiki via the BnF!  Duh.

Offline Molinari

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Eckhel: Doctrina numorum veterum, Campania Section
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 07:31:16 am »
Seem to have found it here, but if anyone know of additional treatments of this region elsewhere in his works, please let me know.  I'm interested specifically in mintmarks and magistrate initials, and the  :Greek_Iota: :GreeK_Sigma: on various Campanian coins.

From p. 112 I found this (see picture)

https://books.google.com/books?id=GchmRRZfiS4C&printsec=titlepage#v=onepage&q&f=false

All coins are guaranteed for eternity