Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Id mm 18 g, 0,78  (Read 477 times)

Offline Gianluca G

• Consul
Id mm 18 g, 0,78
« on: June 29, 2022, 02:26:49 pm »
Hello, I'd like to Id this coin please.

mm 18

g. 0,78

Thanks

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
Re: Id mm 18 g, 0,78
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 08:49:12 pm »
Hi GG,

In the second photo, I see: "...KAROLVS...". That is usually a reference to someone named Carlo or Charles.

In the first photo, I see: "...SLVM LIBER..."(?).

I think the first photo needs to be rotated. If you rotate it 170 degrees clockwise, the central device may be a shield. If you rotate it 110 degrees counter-clockwise, it may be an eagle. It is difficult to tell because it is not clear.

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 12:44:01 am »
Hi GG,

The reverse legend is: "...KAROLVS IOAN...".

These coins are a match for the type and the reverse legend. However, I am not sure if the obverse legend is a match. There appears to be some variation in the obverse legends on these coins:

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?term=charles+joanna+dinero+zaragoza&category=1-2&lot=&thesaurus=1&images=1&en=1&de=1&fr=1&it=1&es=1&ot=1&currency=usd&order=0

Meepzorp

Offline Gianluca G

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 03:53:34 pm »
Quote from: Meepzorp on June 29, 2022, 08:49:12 pm
Hi GG,

In the second photo, I see: "...KAROLVS...". That is usually a reference to someone named Carlo or Charles.

In the first photo, I see: "...SLVM LIBER..."(?).

I think the first photo needs to be rotated. If you rotate it 170 degrees clockwise, the central device may be a shield. If you rotate it 110 degrees counter-clockwise, it may be an eagle. It is difficult to tell because it is not clear.

Meepzorp

Hello, thanks a lot for the info 👍🏻

Offline Gianluca G

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 03:55:32 pm »
Quote from: Meepzorp on June 30, 2022, 12:44:01 am
Hi GG,

The reverse legend is: "...KAROLVS IOAN...".

These coins are a match for the type and the reverse legend. However, I am not sure if the obverse legend is a match. There appears to be some variation in the obverse legends on these coins:

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?term=charles+joanna+dinero+zaragoza&category=1-2&lot=&thesaurus=1&images=1&en=1&de=1&fr=1&it=1&es=1&ot=1&currency=usd&order=0

Meepzorp

Hello, thanks a lot for the info, it seems you find it 👍🏻😁

All coins are guaranteed for eternity