Resources > Fake Coins and Notorious Fake Sellers

SAXBYS Coins - NOTICE OF INTENT

<< < (2/6) > >>

Joe Sermarini:

--- Quote from: mwilson603 on July 11, 2011, 11:49:09 am ---Joe,
I believe that the aformentioned purveyor of dodgy coins is still based in Birmingham. If so that is only a couple of hours away from me, so if you would like someone to pop down and "explain" the error of his ways I would be happy to do so.  Especially as I have been ripped off by him in the past, so I would enjoy a little chat :)
regards
Mark

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure a face-to-face confrontation is a good idea.  Since we don't really know him, he could be a dangerous psychopath. 

commodus:
What nonsense!
His "litigation advisor in the states" bleh! Perhaps he knows someone here of whom he asked a question, but if so he's got his facts wrong (14 days to remove, etc., etc.) What garbage! I certainly doubt he knows any American lawyers. If he did he'd have been advised that he hasn't a leg to stand on.
As with his fake coins, this guy is full of fake bluff and bluster with this.
I guarantee the likes of this character isn't going pay for litigation -- international litigation at that! -- that he KNOWS he will lose, since he IS a purveyor of fake coins and, of course, is well aware of this fact.
Such litigation as he proposes is certain to expose him as a fraud to a far wider audience than already knows this fact at present!
Do as you wish, of course, but if it were I who received such a ridiculous threat via email I would do absolutely nothing, which is precisely what HE is going to do. Nothing.
It must be nice to know the NFSL is regarded so highly by one of the MOST notorious of fake sellers out there, though!

Hydatius:
I'll gladly stand behind my post in your defence if any problems arise, Joe.

Richard

commodus:
Further:

So he's changed his name? Well, well, if that isn't a hallmark of fake sellers on ebay! Rather than defend it, as an honest party would do, they change it. Stocks may act as though he's defending himself, of course, but his badly spelled rant is less a cease and desist demand than it is a hollow diatribe.
What are those eleven fake coins he yammers about you selling, Joe? They don't exist, of course. Even if they did, they aren't germane to the matter as every reputable dealer has sometimes had a fake or two slip past them.
On the other hand, Saxby's is notorious for selling obvious fakes and misattributed coins (both fake and genuine) -- and the evidence of this fact is voluminous. Indeed, you have bumped several threads that contain a great deal of such evidence. Then there are the fake reports on his coins, don't forget these. Plus, there are all the experiences collectors both here, on these boards, and many others have had (I've seen him discussed elsewhere on the net numerous times as well).
I realize getting a threatening email like this is upsetting (how can it not be?), but it is an empty threat and cannot hold water. A legitimate cease and desist demand would be written (with correct spelling and grammar) by an attorney, presumably his phantom "litigation advisor in the States" and even then it is still just a demand (i.e. a request) and not binding.
I'm glad you posted all those past threads about him. In the ones in which he responds, he really digs himself in deeply.
And, again, that spelling! How can he possibly expect to be taken seriously?

mwilson603:

--- Quote from: Joe Sermarini on July 11, 2011, 12:15:22 pm ---
--- Quote from: mwilson603 on July 11, 2011, 11:49:09 am ---Joe,
I believe that the aformentioned purveyor of dodgy coins is still based in Birmingham. If so that is only a couple of hours away from me, so if you would like someone to pop down and "explain" the error of his ways I would be happy to do so.  Especially as I have been ripped off by him in the past, so I would enjoy a little chat :)
regards
Mark

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure a face-to-face confrontation is a good idea.  Since we don't really know him, he could be a dangerous psychopath. 

--- End quote ---

And what makes you think that I'm not  :evil:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version