Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Need ID help  (Read 1780 times)

Gabika

Need ID help
« on: September 19, 2004, 01:34:48 pm »

Hi everyone!

I need some help to identify the following coin.

I live in the Netherlands and Iwas told that it was a celtic one;but they couldn't help me any further.
It was found in Hungary(I'm Hungarian ;D ) by my Grandma.
It's a gold coin and pretty small.
I'm interested in its history and value.
Every help is appriciated.Thank You all.

Greetings Gabika

Offline Bluefish

• Comitia Curiata II
  • Consul
  • I used to have a handle on life, but it broke
Re:Need ID help
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 10:31:18 pm »

Hi Gabika!
Welcome to the Boards. You'll find some of the friendliest, most knowledgeable people here.  :)

If I may, I suggest that you also post this coin to the "Identification" thread, as a lot of folks stop in there to lend their assistance. Although the coin may be Celtic, in this case the more exposure your post receives, the better chance you have of making an identification.  ;D

HAM & EGGS-a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.  
The only difference between a rut & a grave is the depth

Gabika

Re:Need ID help
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 07:11:07 am »
 Hi Bluefish!!!

Thank U very much for your advise!
 Well,yes,i'm new on this forum and I dont know much about coins,I have just collected some foreign ones when I was a child,but nothing special,expect this one above then.
I have already noticed that you people are really kind on this forum!
I really like that! ;D  ;)

This is a great forum!  8)

Greetings Gabika

All coins are guaranteed for eternity