Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Acheloios-Thales Book  (Read 655 times)

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Acheloios-Thales Book
« on: September 21, 2022, 05:39:25 pm »
Hello Friends,

I have about 10 copies of my new book about Acheloios and Thales left—yours at a discounted price of $50 shipped (US only).  If you like philosophy, classics, and numismatics, I promise you will love it.  Details about the book here: https://www.archaeopress.com/Archaeopress/Products/9781803270869

Nick

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Re: Acheloios-Thales Book
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 10:34:19 pm »
I am game, looks interesting and that is a heck of a subtitle that is very intriguing. Note, I have read a lot of Marx, I am not automatically triggered by his name. Will email you.

Thanks,
Virgil

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: Acheloios-Thales Book
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 06:19:20 am »
Thanks Virgil.  This book responds to a group of Marxian philosophers who argue the creation of coinage caused philosophy (which they reduce to metaphysical cosmology).  I attempt to refute that theory with recourse to Acheloios.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity