Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Lifetime Alexander tetradrachm  (Read 1938 times)

Yaser K

Lifetime Alexander tetradrachm
« on: April 18, 2021, 04:56:58 pm »
Hi , id just like to share a coin i added to my collection around a year ago.  Alexander tetradrachm amphipolis mint ... ithphallic herm in left field of seated zeus...17.1grms 25mm
REF PRICE 78
I purchased it from a uk dealer , it came i believe from an old collection , lovely provenance of a old hand written description and valuation from the british museum who valued it at the time for £5 pounds !!!!  A little worn but a wonderful coin in hand

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Lifetime Alexander tetradrachm
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 07:52:17 pm »
A beauty

Offline esnible

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • gorgon coins
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 09:25:40 pm »
I think you made the right choice.  Lifetime issues are always interesting, especially to non-collectors.  For collectors, the herm will be the attraction.  Few have seen a coin with one.

Yaser K

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 01:41:31 am »
Thanks guys im also a fan of the babylon and aradus tetradrachm issues i think they have great style especially the babylon posthumous issues struck under seleukos,  however i haven't found an example i can afford right now ... :)

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 07:31:05 am »
Hi Ig,

Nice coin! :)

Meepzorp

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar