Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Maxentius Unpublished Vota  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Jeff Clark

• Procurator Monetae
  • Consul
  • VOTA PVBLICA
Maxentius Unpublished Vota
« on: July 05, 2004, 12:25:41 pm »
Roscoe asked me to show him some odd Vota types, so here it is.  This is a Maxentius Follis with Victory seated incribing VOT / X on a shield from Ostia, MOSTP mintmark.  A normal half-follis of the type is also provided as a reference.
This Maxentius is previously unlisted for this denomination.
Jeff Clark

TKE96

Re:Maxentius Unpublished Vota
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 12:38:59 pm »
Are the obverses or reverses closer to the actual patina color of the coins? ???

Offline Jeff Clark

• Procurator Monetae
  • Consul
  • VOTA PVBLICA
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 12:45:29 pm »
Obverse of the coin on the left is almost true to the correct color on my screen.
Sorry, these were just quick pics.
Jeff Clark

roscoedaisy

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 12:52:27 pm »
Both amazing coins in my opinion, with the full follis being even more so obviously.  The reverse sitting on cuirass is very dramatic and in awesome shape.  Cant find anything like it ... amazing Jeff!

Fred

All coins are guaranteed for eternity