Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Poll

Do you want to create another award for history/archeological websites?

yes
13 (72.2%)
no
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Award for History/Archeological websites? - Poll  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Award for History/Archeological websites? - Poll
« on: July 17, 2004, 02:54:19 pm »
The award name that we have chosen, with the phrase "for Numismatic Excellence", would not apply well to sites not involving coins.  Do you want to create another award with a slight name difference, such as "FORVM Award for Classical Studies (Excellence) or some variation thereof, that we can give to websites that just cover classical history or archeology?  If yes, we could even use the same logo design with just a word change.

Kevin  8)

The poll will close Saturday July 31 @ 0500 GMT

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Re:Award for History/Archeological websites? - Poll
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 01:07:33 am »
So shall it be done.  The name will likely be "Forvm Award for Classical Studies".  I would like to keep the "Forvm Award for..." structure and I can't think of anything better than "Classical Studies" to describe what we are aiming for.  Using the same logo with just a word change is probably best too.  We in the committee will discuss it in our upcoming meeting.

Kevin  8)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity