Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Need help with this URBS ROMA with 3 leaf palm above wolf  (Read 434 times)

Offline SRukke

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Go ahead, make my day.
    • My gallery. Started January 2009
Need help with this URBS ROMA with 3 leaf palm above wolf
« on: May 07, 2009, 02:04:51 pm »
Bought these 4 coins  for the URBS ROMA. Paid $17 for all 4 mainly because I wanted the URBS ROMA.

I would appreciate any help with info on this coin. It has the 3 leaf palm above the she wolf. Can't seem to find much info and no pictures to compare it to. Thinking RIC VII 562.

I did find a spreadsheet that says the rarity is R5 for this coin for the Trier mint but I can not find a picture to compare it to.
Any help would be appreciated.

I'll try and post a better picture when I have a chance.

Offline Jeff Clark

• Procurator Monetae
  • Consul
  • VOTA PVBLICA
Re: Need help identifying these 4 coins, I know 1 is URBS ROMA
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 02:40:52 pm »
Top left and bottom right are Constantine I.  Top left is a VLPP, VICTORIAE LAETAE PRINCE PERP with two Victories holding shield inscribed VOT/PR.  Bottom right is a campgate issue.  Both were minted in Trier.
The bottom left is another type of commemorative, CONSTANTINOPOLIS with Victory on prow reverse.
All of them are common coins.
Jeff Clark

Offline SRukke

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Go ahead, make my day.
    • My gallery. Started January 2009
Re: Need help with this URBS ROMA
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 01:48:29 am »
If anyone has a value approximation for this coin I would appreciate that too. It has very good details and I would probably grade it VF. Has a little crud on it but that should soak out hopefully.
I don't have many bronzes and collect mainly Republic denarii.

Offline Bamba123

• Caesar
Re: Need help with this URBS ROMA with 3 leaf palm above wolf
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 03:10:23 am »
There was just a discussion days ago about this subject

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=53455.0

would be worth a read, Jim
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844

All coins are guaranteed for eternity