Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: indentification !!!  (Read 928 times)

Offline gb29400

• Caesar
  • Your life is what your thoughts make it ! M.Aurel
    • GbCollection
indentification !!!
« on: December 01, 2006, 03:08:18 pm »
Hi all,

need identification for this coin:

brass, 17 mm , 2,80 g

Bust right
R/ Divinity standing left, resting on long spear and holding branch with bird on it.

thanks
Guy

Offline Daniel T2

• Legionary
Re: indentification !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 08:07:02 pm »
Hello everyone:

I am learning and I do not know if it is correct to post in old posts, but searching among those that have remained in the background, I found this, I do not know if it serves to gb29400, but out of curiosity I hope it will be useful to someone and in the process confirm me if I am in the right thing.

Bruttium  Rhegium - Rhegion (Reggio di Calabria)
Greek

I think this is the type of currency.

BRUTTIUM, Rhegion. Second Punic War. Circa 211-201 BC. Æ Tetrachalkon (16mm, 3.12 g, 1h). Jugate heads of the Dioskouroi right, wearing piloi and laurel wreaths / Asklepios standing left, holding branch and scepter; bird on left arm; IIII (mark of value) to left. HN Italy 2559; SNG ANS 776–83. VF, green patina, a couple edge splits.

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=4039979

And other of Wildwinds:

Rhegion AE18 Quadrantes. 203-89 BC, 2.83 g. Draped, jugate busts of the Dioskuri right, wearing laureate pilei, star above each head / ΡHΓINΩN, Youthful, naked Asklepios (or Apollo) standing left, holding branch, bird and sceptre, IIII before. SNG ANS 778; SNG Cop 1984.

Greetings.

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: indentification !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 08:26:53 pm »
Fantastic, it only took 11 years to get the attribution;D

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar