Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Catalogue LHS 96 (BCD collection Peloponnesos)  (Read 1326 times)

Offline prokles

• Praetorian
Catalogue LHS 96 (BCD collection Peloponnesos)
« on: February 06, 2015, 02:45:54 pm »
Hi there,

I am quite interested in the coinage of Peloponnesos. I have already some books over this region (Hoover, BMC, CNG 81/2, etc.)
Unfortunately, so far, I have not been able to find the LHS catalog 96 that remains the standard work for this coinage.
I've tried several websites but I didn't have any luck...

Any idea of how I could find a copy?

Thanks,

Proklès

Offline Volodya

• Procurator Monetae
  • Consul
    • Imitations of Roman Republican Denarii
Re: Catalogue LHS 96 (BCD collection Peloponnesos)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 04:26:27 pm »
LHS 96 was catalogued by Alan Walker. You might contact him at Nomos and see if he has a spare copy. If that doesn't work, keep trying. It's well worth the effort; in my opinion, BCD Peloponnesos is the single best, most valuable auction catalogue ever produced in any series.

Phil Davis

Offline prokles

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 10:56:58 am »
Many thanks for your answers!
I am going to contact Mr. Walker (with my fingers crossed)...
I already use the acsearch website and find that is a very usefull tool. However, when possible, I still prefer to use printed material.

regards,
Rudolf

Offline Dino

• Procurator Caesaris
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Anyone have change for a hemidrachm?
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 09:01:19 am »
If you get it let me know.  I am happy to send you a copy of the errata/supplement that BCD sent to me that he created after the sale.

mlkrt

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 06:42:01 am »
Hi Proklès, I've got a copy - if you are still looking please let me know. It's a nice hard cover volume, 423 pages.

Offline prokles

• Praetorian
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 05:39:36 am »
Hi Proklès, I've got a copy - if you are still looking please let me know. It's a nice hard cover volume, 423 pages.

I've just seen your message! I am still interested in finding a copy. I send you a PM.

Offline prokles

• Praetorian
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 05:40:52 am »
If you get it let me know.  I am happy to send you a copy of the errata/supplement that BCD sent to me that he created after the sale.

It would be very kind of you! Thanks

All coins are guaranteed for eternity