Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Drenched in sweat, fever, chills, aching...Not from Covid, from the damn booster  (Read 919 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Drenched in sweat, fever, chills, aching...not from COVID, from the booster.  Damn, I hope I never get the real thing.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Mat

• Caesar
  • Ancient Coin Addict
I've had three shots and the worst I felt was a simple sore arm from the shot and it went away after a day.

Hopefully, you feel better soon.
MY GALLERY

MJB Ancients

Offline v-drome

• Caesar
Yeah for me the aches and chills part lasts about a day.  The good news is that the shots seem to prevent the "severe acute respiratory syndrome" (SARS) which feels like drowning that never stops.  I am pretty sure I had it way back at the beginning before anyone even knew it was here.  Never want to experience that again.  I am glad you all are taking care.

Aloha, Jimi

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
This is shot number 4. They say if you haven't had one in 2022 it is time.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Hope you get over that soon as possible. I got the two shots but have elected to get no boosters. My first shot was an unpleasant aftermath, the second one was nothing.

Offline maridvnvm

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
I am in recovery after catching COVID for the first just over a week and a half ago. It is not pleasant.

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
Better than being the "guest of honor", as it were.  Shot #4 scheduled for us Weds.
 Be well, everyone!
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
Hi Joe,

Get well soon! :)

I got Covid in December 2019. I was very sick for about 4 months.

About 5 months ago, I got my third Covid shot (my first booster). Ever since then, I have been very sleepy. I can't stop falling asleep. I have heard about this symptom from other people too.

Meepzorp

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
Hi Joe,

I was neither up nor down with the first three shots (Two were Astra Zeneca and one Pfizer) but I was a bit unwell after the fourth (booster) shot which was a Moderna one. Only felt iffy for less than a day though and nowhere near as bad as you seem to have been.

Alex

Offline Dominic T

• Caesar
Damn, I hope I never get the real thing.

If it can comfort you, I’ve been sicker with my three shots than when I caught « the real thing »…
DT

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
I had no reaction to any of my shots and when I got Covid I had a slight headache for a day.  I consider myself extremely lucky!

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
It's a weird disease ...

I got it for, as far as I know, the first time while on vacation in Florida a few weeks ago. The only symptoms I had at the time were a runny nose and slight cough for a couple of days, which I thought at the time was just a mild cold... until a couple of days later when I got home and realized I had 100% lost my sense of smell (even strongest smells - nothing at all), and realized it must have been covid, as confirmed by a test.

Now, couple of weeks later my sense of smell is *slowly* starting to come back. What you don't realize is the degree to which taste and smell are related, with much of what we consider as "taste" really being smell. I noticed this with fresh pineapple, which only tasted sweet with zero tropical pineapple "taste" at all.

Offline Lech Stępniewski

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • NOT IN RIC
until a couple of days later when I got home and realized I had 100% lost my sense of smell

I think it is something new with this disease that everyone is very carefully recording and describing all the symptoms. I remember that many years ago I had ordinary flu (I think) during which I also lost my sense of smell for a long time. But in the past, generally no one described in details how he felt when he had the flu. Unless it was an exceptionally severe flu. So I was just sick. And maybe it wasn't the flu at all, but no one did tests in such cases.

Lech Stępniewski
NOT IN RIC
Poland

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
Drenched in sweat, fever, chills, aching...not from COVID, from the booster.  Damn, I hope I never get the real thing.

That is a good reaction Joe, it means your body is reacting. I got sick for a day after my 3rd shot, my wife a month later caught covid from a patient she was incubating (As medical person she had a shot a month earlier than mine, without reaction.), she got very sick for the week. I however stayed with her, did not isolate and never caught it. ( I had an early variation of covid a year earlier.)  I have coworkers who have had covid more than 3 times, once was enough for me.

The stronger the reaction, the better the protection.

Fell better and happier you are better protected.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5633 My main collection of Tetartera. Post reform coinage.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Yes, I do think the reaction means it is working. Still, I suspect the real thing will be very unpleasant for me.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
I think it is something new with this disease that everyone is very carefully recording and describing all the symptoms.

True - brand new disease in the age of the internet.

With something like the flu nobody talks about it much since you assume everybody gets the same "flu-ish" symptoms .. but maybe they don't.

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
Yes, I do think the reaction means it is working. Still, I suspect the real thing will be very unpleasant for me.
  Please stay well.  Last week, I attended a memorial lecture in honor of a numismatic friend who contracted COVID in first wave.
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Much better today. Thanks.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Ron C2

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Qvod perierat adhvc exstat nvmmorvm
I've had 4 doses of Pfizer and still got COVID twice. I even still mask in crowded places and caught it anyway. I sympathize - neither time was fun for me, a lot like a bad flu, but it could have been much worse without vaccination.
My Ancient Coin Gallery: Click here

R. Cormier, Ottawa

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
You must be out and about quite a bit. I have been a hermit for most of the pandemic.  I am going on a short vacation to the mountains on Friday. Gathering with family for my 60th. Hopefully it won't get me sick.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Ron C2

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Qvod perierat adhvc exstat nvmmorvm
Hope you're right Joe.  For me, the kids brought it home from school the first time, the second time I caught it seeing the new Top Gun movie in the theatre, even though I was masked, most around me were not, including a guy that was coughing a fair bit. I hope karma is a b!tch for that dude - lol.
My Ancient Coin Gallery: Click here

R. Cormier, Ottawa

All coins are guaranteed for eternity