Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Alexius III AE trachy or Bulgarian Imitation? 24-25 mm 3.3g  (Read 986 times)

Offline pogh_poor

• Caesar
  • I love this forum!

Is this a Alexius III AE trachy or a Bulgarian imitation?  It measures 24-25 mm and weighs 3.3g.  I would appreciate your opinions.

John

All passes, Art alone Enduring stays to us; The Bust out-lasts the throne,-- The coin, Tiberius.

Offline Plami

• Praetorian
Re: Alexius III AE trachy or Bulgarian Imitation? 24-25 mm 3.3g
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 01:00:14 pm »
Mr. Petzlaff is the man to answer your question!

petzlaff

Re: Alexius III AE trachy or Bulgarian Imitation? 24-25 mm 3.3g
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 11:49:37 am »
Don't thinking about a Bulgarian imitation. Weight in relation to diameter looks like imperial coinage. The design also - unfortunately a very worn obverse, lacking the details is shown to be sure. But for me it's a very good "stomach feeling".

kind regards
petzlaff

All coins are guaranteed for eternity