Announcements and Help > FORVM Announcements and Website Help

Member of the Year 2005 Poll

<< < (2/6) > >>

Corduba:
The only problem is you can only vote 3 because all these members are really good and helpfull for all of us. Anyway, i make my decision.
This post is  to remember to the members this: "VOTE, PLEASE" :)
Ignacio.

Jochen:
Now I have seen we have forgotten to put Manzikert on the list. He really deserves a place on it. Each of his contributions was correct and was evidence of his wide and profounde knowledge.

Best regards

curtislclay:
That same thought occurred to me a couple of days ago: how did we forget Manzikert?

David Atherton:
I had to vote for three...the choice is most difficult.

Joe Sermarini:
Congratulations to Curtis Clay for being selected by a majority vote of our members as the Classical Numismatics Discussion Board Member of the Year for a second, and consecutive, time.  As a two-time recipient of this honor he is awarded the title Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus.  This is the greatest honor our members can bestow.  Congratulations Curtis Clay and thank you on behalf of FORVM and all the members of the board for your generous assistance and contributions to this community!

Further, as Imperator and Augustus, I declare a rule change for Classical Numismatics Discussion Board Member of the Year as follows:  When a member is awarded the title Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus (male) or Tribuna Plebis Perpetua (female), the runner up in the poll will be awarded the title Tribunus Plebis (male) or Tribuna Plebis (female).  

In view of the results of the recent poll, which reflect the deep admiration and appreciation we universally feel for slokind (Prof. Patricia Lawrence), I have determined that this rule change will be retroactive to include the 2005 Member of the Year awards.  Prof. Patricia Lawrence is therefore awarded the title Tribuna Plebis.  Congratulations Patricia Lawrence and thank you on behalf of FORVM and all the members of the board for your generous assistance and contributions to this community!

No doubt this rule change and this result is unexpected and extraordinary but I felt it absolutely necessary and I expect most of you will agree the result is extremely pleasing! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version