Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Classical Numismatics Books and References Discussion Forum

What is the title of Alfoldi’s work referencing Claudius II antoniniani ?

<< < (3/3)

Dominic T:
This one is also listed on wildwinds as Alfoldi 50,7. Are you sure the reference of your specimen is correct ?
DT

Ken W2:
Wildwinds is one place I saw the Alfoldi 50,7 reference.  But note the bust on that coin is draped and cuirassed. It also appears to have two pellets so apparently MER-RIC 855.  Wildwinds lists it as Rome or Milan, mistakenly? My seller, a well known auction house, attributed as MER-RIC 855.  I think it is 834, perhaps 814. I’ll keep working on it, but may open an identification help thread on this one.

Ken W2:

--- Quote from: Dominic T on February 20, 2023, 07:50:59 am ---You could also submit your coin here:
DT
https://ric.mom.fr/fr/coin/834

--- End quote ---

Hey Dominic: I tried to submit this coin as a new listing (there is no bust type B1, 2nd officina (2 pellets) on MER-RIC yet), but there is no “upload photo” tab on the page for submitting a new listing. There is an “upload photo” tab on pages for adding another example of a coin already listed. I did go ahead and fill the form and sent it in, but without a photo for the reason stated above. 

Is that how it works on MER-RIC— first you send the info and if they agree it’s a new listing for them then they ask you to send photos?

Any help figuring this out appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version