Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register.Merry Christmas!!! All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Please Call Us If You Have Questions 252-646-1958 Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Merry Christmas!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins!!!

Recent Additions to Forum's Shop

Author Topic: Simmurray's Gallery  (Read 2160 times)

Offline simmurray

• Consul
Re: Simmurray's Gallery
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2021, 11:52:26 am »
I saw this one in that auction, glad you got it. I bid on another Republican coin, but didn't get it. I did get two others, a Pergamon and an Ephesus Roman Provincial, though. Beautiful coin.

Virgil

I had a few coins on my list but to be honest I spent my entire budget on this one; thankfully just had enough to win it. It’s one of them coins that has a certain appeal that I know I would have regretted missing out on it.

Do you have any pics of the coins you won? I remember the Mysia bronze owl going for a very reasonable price and was tempted to bid but I know that’s a slippery slope for me.

Thanks
Steve

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2021, 01:28:13 pm »
Like you, I don't have the coins in hand yet, but here are pics of the two. I thought the prices were very reasonable, especially for the Pergamon one. I really expected to get outbid. I bid on six total and I know that slippery slope thing. The Roman one is IONIA, Ephesus. Augustus, with Julia Augusta (Livia).

Virgil

Note I am getting 403 forbidden error when trying to one or two attachments (that meet size restrictions). Let me see if just the post itself works.

Offline simmurray

• Consul
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2021, 03:41:12 pm »
Just viewed the Ionia coin and you got a bargain with that; that’s a very nice coin congratulations

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2021, 04:13:56 pm »
Thank you. I think they were both bargains, I really didn't expect to get either one.

Regards,
Virgil

Offline simmurray

• Consul
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2021, 10:33:09 am »
Just added a Corinth stater to the collection

Corinthia, Corinth (c. 375-300 BC). Silver Stater. Pegasus left. Rev. Helmeted and wreathed head of Athena left, gorgoneion behind. (Pegasi 427)

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=172074

Online quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • my albums
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2021, 01:00:44 pm »
Great addition 👍🤗

Joe

Online Jay GT4

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2021, 03:55:55 pm »
A beauty