Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Ancient Coin Forum

Parthia.com - Award Poll

(1/2) > >>

Pep:
http://www.parthia.com/

Robert_Brenchley:
Actually I think this site deserves a numismatic award; its largely coin-oriented, and I attribute most of my Parthians here.

Joe Sermarini:
I think we can let him chose the award he prefers?

BTW, I sure would like to get Chris Hopkins, the Parthia.com site owner, to be our moderator for the Parthian board.  I asked him a couple of times, but no luck.   If anyone is a friend of his, please talk him into it.  :)

Pep:
It is a toss-up since his site is great in many directions but we need to give him the Numismatic Excellence award.  I reviewed this site too quickly from another's recommendation for Classical Studies and the hectic launch of the awards process.  Wow, I now know where to go if I have a Parthian coin!  I hate to be undemocratic but we need all sites that can help us to attribute our coins to be all together in the Numismatic Excellence thread for easy access.  Many sites that we will be considering will have some content good for our Classical Studies award as well as Numismatic Excellence but the latter is our default award for any site with good coin information.  Classical Studies is for sites with little to no numismatic information as decided by a recent poll.  I also need to add this to the rules document, which is a work in progress especially as the awards process begins.  Looks like an award for Numismatic Excellence will be headed your way soon Chris, congratulations!

Pep  8)

Robert_Brenchley:
Totally agree; I use the site regularly for attribution; its great for silver, not so good (yet) for bronze. If anone comes across any Parthian bronze out there, please let me know!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version