Numismatic and History Discussions > Books and References

New Books for me -- Barrington Atlas, RBW Collection, and more

(1/7) > >>

PMah:
February isn't half over, but it is numismatically going extremely well for me.  The books are stacking up:

The Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World -- a giant book, not easy to find, pre-loved, but only the dust jacket needs repair. (And is about 32 by 48 cms!)

New, and not any easier to lug home:

The RBW Collection, from the sale catalogs, consolidated by NAC with additional notes, including from Andrew McCabe.
Fides, the ANS festschrift for RBW (also with McCabe article) (and 500 pgs+)

And, the current AJN has arrived!

Not only that, I have a few great books from Forum that are soon to arrive.  I am not sure I want an early Spring!

Jay GT4:
Great pick ups!  I've been looking for an affordable Barrington's for a long time.

PMah:
Thank you, Jay.  It took a great deal of patience and a bit of bargaining to get to "affordable".  I actually picked up the 2 volume companion directory/notes sooner than the Atlas itself.  I think a large portion of a bottom shelf will become home to the atlas; too dangerous to have above one's head. 

I will post some notes in a few weeks as I get more familiar with it.

Carausius:
Wonderful books PMah!  I don't yet have the Barrington Atlas in my library.  It's perpetually on my book want list.  Alas, it's expensive and oversized. Neither my wallet nor bookshelf have room.

Equity:
The iPad version of the Barrington atlas, modulo a few minor bugs, was quite usable in my experience. It cost about 20 USD a few years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version