Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Classical Numismatics Books and References Discussion Forum

RPC Question?

<< < (3/3)

Anaximander:
Spink is now taking orders for the hardcopy edition of Roman Provincial Coinage, Volume VII.2 From Gordian I to Gordian III (AD 238–244) (Part 1).  Huzzah!

--- Quote ---This volume presents for the first time an authoritative and systematic account of the coins minted in the Roman provinces between AD 238 and 244 (except the province of Asia, previously covered in volume VII.1), and shows how these coins can be regarded as an integral part of the coinage minted under the Roman emperors. The book gives a complete picture of the material, thereby not only meeting the needs of numismatists but also providing an essential reference for historians, archaeologists and other students of the Roman empire.

Jerome Mairat is curator of the Heberden Coin Room in the Ashmolean Museum, University of Oxford. He is director of Roman Provincial Coinage online and general editor of Roman Provincial Coinage.

Marguerite Spoerri Butcher is Research Fellow on the Coin Hoards of the Roman Empire project, based at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford. She is also Associate Fellow of the University of Warwick and a scientific member of the Swiss School of Archaeology in Greece.

--- End quote ---

I should rephrase that. A communiqué says that they're taking orders, but the link drops one off at the |Spink Books website, where no such book is to be found.  Still, it's close to coming out, right?  The online edition has been available -in one form or another- for a couple of years now. UPDATE! Yes, it's on the site. £195+Shipping.

helvetica:
By the way, in general, I do not use the "temporary" RPC online numbers for coins which I add to wildwinds. As it is, these numbers are only temporary, and may change at a later date, and I do not fancy changing several hundreds of entries. For the same reason, I generally did not use those temporary numbers in GRPC Lydia, something that a certain book critic complained about. 

Kevin D:
^^ Makes sense to me. I wonder if the RIC Online numbers will change if and when there is a hard copy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version