Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Silver Postumus Antoninianus(?)  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Robin T

• Auxiliary
Silver Postumus Antoninianus(?)
« on: July 10, 2016, 02:25:29 am »
I'm new to ancient coins. I bought a batch of "bronze" uncleaned coins from this site a few years ago when they did the coin cleaning 'contest.' This coin took a long time to clean, and the entire time I was worried that I had no clue what I was doing. I found this in the very first batch of uncleaned coined I bought.  I've decided to leave it alone now, though if anyone has suggestions on how to get the red brick-like stuff off of it, I'm all ears. It is really stuck on there.

Offline B-Chicago

• Praetorian
Re: Silver Postumus Antoninianus(?)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 07:09:02 pm »
try a short soak in vinegar

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Silver Postumus Antoninianus(?)
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:12:27 pm »
You may find it is very difficult to remove.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity