Buying and Selling > Forum's Coins and Antiquities Consignment Shop

Greetings + My First Forum Purchase

(1/3) > >>

Daniel R6:
Hi All

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.

I'm relatively new to all this and following one or two purchases of lower-priced bronze Roman coins on eBay a few weeks back I stumbled onto Forum.

After reading through many of the articles for new coin collectors I recently made my first purchase (attached stock image from Forum) and am looking forward to its arrival.

70856. Silver antoninianus, SRCV III 8966, RIC IV 48b, RSC IV 215, NGC Ch XF, strike 5/5, surface 3/5 (4162543-005), 3.52g, 22.6mm, 225o, Rome mint, Feb 244 - 245 A.D.; obverse IMP M IVL PHILIPPVS AVG, radiate, draped and cuirassed bust right, from behind; reverse SECVRIT ORBIS, Securitas seated left, scepter in right, propping head on left hand; from the Dr. Sam Mansourati collection

I decided on a single coin towards the upper-limit of my budget, with a focus on Roman Imperial silver - Still a relatively broad theme for now that I'll likely narrow in the future.

Looking forward to my next coin and to discussion on the forum. Also very pleased to have made the first step on this new journey.

- Daniel

Neal A:
Welcome from another noobie who is also awaiting his first arrival. 

A very nice coin!  Be sure to give us some thoughts when it arrives.

Sam:
Congratulations Daniel, an elegant coin with a very affordable price.

Perhaps , you would like to post it in the FORVM Gallery ,starting your own collection and we all get to enjoy it.

For what it is worth , as a new to this hobby , and a buyer you have started in the right place.
Only time and true stories you will hear here or out ,  will prove my point.

Sam

djmacdo:
A nice coin--good portrait and one of the scarcer reverses.

Enodia:
a very nice coin, and probably even nicer outside of that plastic prison.
break that sucker out!

~ Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version