Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Classical Numismatics Books and References Discussion Forum

NEW BOOK ANNOUNCEMENTS

<< < (2/22) > >>

ras:
I'll take Joe's opportunity then to note that I've begun work on the third edition of the Encyclopedia of Roman Imperial Coins.

This new edition is a very ambitious undertaking that aims to take a far more detailed look at the coinage of the periods covered in ERIC II. Because of the complexity of the project and the shoe-string budget I expect it will be several years before the material is ready for press. If it's any indication, two months after having started I have managed to complete less than 2% of the almost 300 sections that make up the book despite putting in 16-18hr workdays. While that could be pretty discouraging my level of enthusiasm is high as the process of building the data is exciting in a nerdy sort of way.

If you would like to become involved (or just keep tabs on the project) please visit http://dirtyoldbooks.com/eric3/

Ras

Optimo Principi:
Just wanted to say how pleased I am with the newish "Coins of Rome" books by Daniele Leoni. So far the series consists of Trajan, Hadrian, Nero and Septimius Severus - detailing the significanace of their coinage with wonderful illustration throughout as well as maps and original photography. A history text with well researched numismatic focus. Basically the type of book I've always thought should have been made.

Lerian:
where can you find the Daniele Leoni books from?

After seeing your post I looked on Forum's book store and at Amazon (UK) but no luck?

Andrew McCabe:

--- Quote from: Lerian on May 01, 2013, 11:42:29 am ---where can you find the Daniele Leoni books from?

After seeing your post I looked on Forum's book store and at Amazon (UK) but no luck?

--- End quote ---

They are in the bookstore on the Campidoglio. I saw it there last week (yes, really). Presumably all Romans are regular visitors to the Capitoline hill during priestly ceremonies etc. so it should be easy to pick up in passing.

curtislclay:
Andrew,

Were the copies you saw in English or Italian?

I suspect these are just going to be "coffee-table" books rather than anything helpful and well grounded, but I'd like to take a look!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version