Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Faustina Sr COTD  (Read 775 times)

Offline aragon6

• Comitia Curiata
  • Praetorian
  • Violent times..yet the beauty they created is here
Faustina Sr COTD
« on: September 29, 2009, 05:14:49 pm »
It is hard to photograph this pic because it is very darkly toned and I want to keep it that way as it is nice.

Obverse - FAVSTINA AVGVSTA  - draped bust right
Reverse - CONCORDIA  AVG- Concordia holding patera & double cornucopiae
AR Denarii minted in Rome between 139 - 141AD and reference is RIC III 335 and I have seen it listed as R2

Offline slokind

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Art is an experimental science
    • An Art Historian's Numismatics Studies
Re: Faustina Sr COTD
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 05:35:48 pm »
I have a predilection for lifetime Faustina I.  I got my denarius in my first year of collecting.  I have posted my sestertius before, and larger, but here it is again, with the denarius.
• 20 10 05 Æ sestertius.  28.64g  33.5mmRome.  Faustina I, viva.  VENERI AVGVSTAERIC 1081.   
• 10 III 00 AR denariusFaustina I: bust to r., FAVSTINA AVGVSTARev.: Juno stg to l., with patera in her r. and scepter, peacock at her feet at left.  IVNONI REGINAERIC 338 (AD 139-141).
Pat L.
CLICK for max resolution

All coins are guaranteed for eternity