Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Klaus Vondrovec Coins of the Iranian Huns and their Successors  (Read 23 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
I have been looking for this book and cannot seem to find the bookstore at the publisher's web site, Austrian Academy of Sciences, although in the past I have found that section and indeed this book. I see it available from other sellers but I worry.

My understanding is that this is a 2-volume work. Yet many on the resale sites look to only be one volume for sale and I don't want to take the chance of only one volume when I need two. And the prices all reflect what the 2-volume work usually goes for.

Does anyone know if there is a one volume version of this and, if so, how does it compare to the 2-volume set? Also, if you have a link to the university book store web site, I would appreciate it. I do not believe that this publisher would infringe on the rules of Forum. I have not seen this book(s) on offer here. If they were, I would buy them from Forum.
Thanks,
Virgil

Offline Dominic T

• Caesar
Re: Klaus Vondrovec Coins of the Iranian Huns and their Successors
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 06:19:58 pm »
I believe Dr. Klaus Vondrovec is still the curator of the Vienna Münzkabinet.You could directly contact him there to have more details on the book. I e-mailed him in the past for a question about the museum, and he is a real gentleman who will be happy to help you.
DT

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Re: Klaus Vondrovec Coins of the Iranian Huns and their Successors
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 06:32:43 pm »
Thank you, Dominic, I will contact him. That is indeed the way to go. I have seen many people like him that are very nice and open to inquiries from non-academics like me and have had some wonderful exchanges with folks like him.

Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity